6 reasons why you should attend iMEDIA.
1. We focus on the how rather than the what. Yes, theory is important, but we know you’re more concerned with why and how other marketers are making it happen rather than the less-relatable theory.
2. Our selection of Breakout Sessions. Our line-up of Breakout Sessions is consistently the #1 reason people choose to attend iMEDIA. They’re stellar. And have 20+ to choose from!
3. You’ll spend 2 days with 300 other digital marketers from across Canada. From our Speakers and volunteers to our attendees, you can be rest assured that you will be in very good company.
4. 30-50% of our annual attendance is from people who have attended a previous iMEDIA Conference. If this isn’t a vote of confidence, we don’t know what is!
5. Our content is fresh AF. We don’t finalize our Breakout Sessions and Speaker line-up until the month before the conference so you can be sure you’re getting the most up-to-date and relevant content possible.
6. #iMEDIA19 is our 8th annual conference. Yes, we’ve been around for a few years and yes, this year is bound to be our best conference yet!
"I look forward to this conference every year and it's always just the best!"
Roles of past attendees.
Web & Digital Strategy Lead
Senior Communications Officer
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Manager
Digital Communications Specialist
Frequently asked questions
And yes, we typed out the full words because it looked better with our layout ;)
+ What is the iMEDIA Social Media Conference?
It’s a social media conference! At iMEDIA, we focus entirely on providing a no-fluff, no BS approach to online marketing. You will walk away from iMEDIA with relevant, ready-to-apply learning for the real world.
+ When is iMEDIA 2019?
iMEDIA 2019 will be held March 8 & 9, 2019.
+ Where will iMEDIA 2019 be held?
iMEDIA is hosted in downtown Edmonton. We'll be spending the iMEDIA weekend at MacEwan University in Roundhouse and the Robbins Health Learning Centre.
+ Is iMEDIA for me?
If you’re someone who works in marketing or communications, you should absolutely attend iMEDIA. Whether you're a VP of marketing, a digital strategist or a communications co-ordinator, we’ve got something for you.
+ I don’t currently work in a social media role, but I’d love to learn more about it. Would I be out of my league at iMEDIA?
No! At iMEDIA, we have content for every level of social media savvy.
+ What types of organizations should attend iMEDIA?
We try and make the conference as relevant as possible to all types of organizations. We have sessions designed for entrepreneurs, corporate communicators, not-for-profits and public sector organizations.
+ What kinds of topics will be covered at iMEDIA 2019?
While iMEDIA is primarily a social media conference, we cover a broad range of digital marketing topics through our Breakout Sessions. You can expect sessions about emerging social media platforms, marketing fundamentals, social analytics, and much more.
+ How many sessions will I get to attend at iMEDIA?
That depends on what type of conference pass you get but most people get to attend 2 Keynote Sessions and a minimum of 5 Breakout Sessions.
+ When will I get to select my iMEDIA Breakout Sessions?
We typically open breakout session registration in early February. This allows us to have the most up-to-date programming at the conference (after all, social media is changing on the daily!) and gives ALL registrants the opportunity to have a fair chance at seeing their top Breakout Session choices face-to-face.
+ How do I select my iMEDIA breakout sessions
We will send you an email with details on how to choose your sessions when the time comes.
+ What is an iMEDIA Master Class?
iMEDIA Master Classes are three to six hour deep-dive classes with industry professionals. These aren’t for the faint of heart; these classes are for our more advanced iMEDIA attendees who need help with a specific topic. Master Class details will be released shortly!